9.08.2011

True Love


If this music video had credits, at the very bottom behind kraft services, coffee girl and second assistant to the assistant production supervisor blah blah blah – it would read, assistant to the stylist, Samantha Wyman. No joke. It says it on the call sheet. And yes, I kept it. Obviously.

My friend Alex is pretty cool. He’s super modest too, so Alex – please don’t kill me for bragging on your behalf. Alex has a rad job. He produces music videos. Cool music videos. Like music videos that win VMA’s. Like this one, for example. Alex is also a super friend, and helps out the little people like yours truly and hooked me up big time. Biiig time. So thanks, Alex.

Alex worked on a project for these girls, sisters Destinee & Paris, who in my opinion are going to be huge. Maybe I’m biased because their first music video was also my first music video. Or maybe because the song will forever haunt my ear drums after listening to it 7823461034 times on set. But they’re opening for Britney Spears, so I doubt I’ll be wrong. And the song is super catchy. Like suuuper catchy. Helping me score a killer first job on my stylist resume, Alex introduced me to the talented Maya Krispin, who I was fortunate enough to follow like a shadow, hoping to absorb just an ounce of her brilliance.

So check out the close ups on the shoes. I painted that bow gold. Check out their toes while you’re at it. Someone was hired to paint them. Seriously. Pay attention to the accessories I placed ever so delicately on those tiny pop star fingers. And the gold chain belts I re-pinned after every take. Really. I still dream about those gold chains. And those killer shorts. I mean. I die.

I still can’t believe it really happened. So fortunate to be able to pursue something I love so much. And so grateful to have the friends to help me do it.

Karl Lagerfeld told me guilty feelings about clothes are totally unnecessary. A lot of people earn their living by making clothes, so you should never feel bad. So I don’t. Actually, he didn’t tell me personally, but he’s quoted saying that on the internet, so he probably said it at one point, or something like that. So if some people make a living making clothes, others wearing clothes, why can’t I make a living styling clothes? I mean, it’s working for Rachel Zoe.

So, my current revised list of dream jobs are as follows.

1.     Zac Efron’s Girlfriend
2.     Iron Chef America Judge
3.     Advice Columnist
4.     Stylist

No comments:

Post a Comment