9.20.2011

The Blabbery

Hi friends. This is Heidi. Heidi, these are my friends. I know I’ve told you about Heidi before. And your waistlines have certainly been introduced to her tasty treats. Here we are together. Maybe the second is a more fitting photo of our friendship.


Heids and I met five years ago on a study abroad trip to Australia. Cool, huh? I knew we’d get along famously when walking to the neighborhood gelato shop became an after class ritual. Crazy to think it was five years ago, when it seriously feels like just yesterday we were walking across the top of the Sydney Harbor Bridge, watching the New Years Eve fireworks, and suddenly developing an Australian accent after a few vodka tonics. Here’s a picture of us from down under, with authentic aboriginal face paint. Obvi.


Heidi and I later took our friendship to Spain for a summer. Yeah I know, we’re super worldly. Living in Madrid, we traveled all over – fell in love with San Sebastian, danced in discotecas in Barcelona, got lost in Sevilla, camped at a music festival in Benicassim - all while drinking tinto de verano, attempting to learn Spanish, trying to tune out the Spanish telenovela that was our multicultural flat, and only speaking to each other after we’ve had our morning café con leche around noon. Hey, when you’re as close as we are, you know what works. Here we are in Galicia.


So you’re probably wondering why I’m telling you all about my dear friend. Well for starters, she’s one of the most stylish people I know. She has an incredible eye. And I let her know every time I raid her closet. If only we wore the same size shoe. Can you imagine the terrible influences we are on each other in a Bloomingdale’s dressing room? Unable to keep her mouth shut, Heidi - my traveling companion, my friend, and often times my voice of reason - has started her very own blog, The Blabbery, and I highly recommend you head over there immediately.

Even if we weren’t always the most stylish pair…

Two Headed Monster
Halloween 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment