9.15.2011

Missoni Impossible



Out of outrage, ideally I’d choose to have no comment regarding the Missoni for Target collection ordeal - but when I tried to keep my opinion to myself, steam literally shot out of my ears and my eyes nearly popped out of my head. Keeping my opinion to myself has never been my forte. Did you score any Missoni for Target swag? I didn’t. And I’m refusing to purchase any of it on eBay either out of defiance. With mark ups so crazy, I’ll wait until I have a boyfriend with a bank account to support real Missoni.  And besides, according to my mom, Missoni print resembles the afghan blanket my grandma knit for me. 

Ok so, honestly – I didn’t even try. I knew my efforts would be futile. Standing outside in the cold, amongst crazy Missoni hungry mommies, waiting for those red doors to open like its Black Friday is not really my idea of a fun morning. Surely I would have been trampled. I can see myself on YouTube now, being plowed over by crazy people, in one big signature Missoni zig zag patterned blur. Can you imagine? I die.

With absolutely nothing left on the shelves, it appears I’ve missed the Missoni boat. Not that I checked three different stores in an attempt to find something, anything that had been left behind, or anything like that. Because that would just be pathetic. So I guess I only have myself to blame. Next time a designer collection is released, I’ll have a game plan. I’m thinking I’ll need a team in order to cover more ground. Obviously we’ll have studied floor plans. And we’ll have whistles. And walkie talkies. And maybe helmets. Yeah, definitely helmets. Let me know if you’re interested. Fashion sense preferred, but not required.


But, had I been able to get my hands on the collection, this is what you’d find in my cart. How gorgeous, right? Paired with thick sweater tights and boots. It almost makes me wish it was Fall in Los Angeles. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment