9.21.2011

Today was a fairytale


I love Taylor Swift. I’m not embarrassed to say it. And I know everyone thinks they can relate to her songs. Oh my goodness, it’s like she’s reading my diary! But, I can relate more. Or better. Or whatever. She reads my mind and writes songs about my life. Sorry. Someday, I’ll be living in a big ‘ol city. I mean.
That's Taylor, RIGHT BEHIND US. I. die.
me. madeline. lexi. whitney. so. stoked.



My sister, Madeline, really loves her too. In fact she just flew to Nashville for the weekend to see her. But before that, she came down to Los Angeles to spend her twentysecond birthday with Taylor Swift, two of our closest friends, and yours truly. Except remember when I had pneumonia? Yeah, that was no fun. I’m sure it was exactly how my sister wanted to spend her birthday. Not. But I made it through half of the show before melting into a 102.9 degree fever puddle in the aisle.



This is the third time my sister and I have seen Taylor Swift together. Two years ago, Maddy came down to visit me in Santa Barbara. One of two trips she managed to make in the four years I lived there. Not that I’m mad about it or anything. Anyway. Maddy, my friend Whitney, and I had a blast. Whitney and I took her to the beach, to a Dodger game. And we saw Taylor Swift. Touring for a second time later in the year, we couldn’t miss out, the three of us reuniting in LA to see the show again, his time bringing my mom in to join the fun. Becoming sort of a tradition, and falling on the weekend of my sister’s birthday, we just had see her for a third time during her Speak Now tour, replacing my momma with our dearest friend Lexi who missed out on the action for rounds one and two.


With three concerts under my belt, I’d say I’m a pretty seasoned Taylor Swift concert goer. Here are some things I’ve come to expect.

1.     Taylor will wear at least 17 different sequin dresses. All with black boots.
2.     If you plan on wearing a sundress and cowboy boots, you won’t be the only one.
3.     Drinking Coors Light is entirely appropriate and encouraged. Don’t forget you’re at a country concert, after all.
4.     Taylor has the most diverse fans in the world. Among many others, common stereotypes of people you can expect to see are as follows: 12 year old girls in homemade t-shirts with the number 13 painted on their cheeks, parents of said children who would be there anyway but use their children as an excuse, creepy fathers of children who are crushing on Taylor, girls who think Taylor knows exactly how they feel, boyfriends of girls who think Taylor knows exactly how they feel who were dragged there, Ashton Kutcher, no joke he was there, and other celebrities who are trying to be cool and relevant.
5.     Yes, Taylor really will be so gracious and humble and shocked that people actually came out to see her it will make you want to vomit
6.     No, she still can’t dance, but she’ll flip her hair enough times and awkwardly move her lengthy body enough to make up for it.
7.     Anticipate some kind of special guest, or one of her friends as she puts it. Especially if you are seeing her in LA. One year it was John Mayer. I cried. No joke. But obviously we know how that worked out. I have a feeling he won’t be making any more special appearances.
8.     There will be some sort of wedding. Because, I mean, why not? She’s a hopeless romantic, after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment