3.20.2011

Kiss me, I'm Irish.

Well, probably. I’m not quite sure. With adoptions on both sides of my family, a lot is left up in the air. But with more luck than a leprechaun and enough freckles to play connect the dots, I’d say Irish is a pretty good bet. But how about I’ll make it easy on all of us. 
Just take me here and I’ll kiss you. Settled. How was your St. Patrick's Day?


Irish or not, I was most definitely wearing green on Thursday. Not only because I can’t afford to be pinched – I happen to bruise like a peach – but also because I wanted an excuse to wear this dress, weather permitting. Maybe next year. I also most definitely consumed vast amounts of stout beer and Irish whisky, in the form of these devilish treats. Nothing against corned beef and cabbage - I actually happen to have an unnatural love for cabbage - but perhaps separating St. Patrick’s Day from all other holidays are the beverages. And the fact that they can take the shape of a tasty chocolate treat. That I have been eating for every meal since Thursday. And will continue to eat until they are gone. At the rate I'm devouring them will most likely be very soon. While I doubt the patron saint of Ireland was quite the lush this holiday has embodied, I don’t doubt he never knocked a few back with his pals. And for that, I toasted to his honor. With plenty of cheap beer dripping with green food coloring. I'm sure he appreciated it.
Maybe next year I'll be toasting with with a Hot Nutty Irishman. Calm down Mom, it’s a drink – not a person.

My friends are the best friends

Loyal, willing and able.
Now let’s get to drinking!

All glasses off the table! 

1 comment:

  1. "Probably Irish?" Your maternal grandfather's mother was 100% Irish, making your grandfather ½ Irish and your mother ¼ Irish. No need to guess.

    Just so you know, my little leprechaun.

    Now, my green monkey, do us the pleasure of dancing a post-Saint Patrick's day jig!

    ReplyDelete