3.03.2011

I absolutely hate ice breakers.



Randomly, this is me.
I think I look just like my
dad here. And I'm guessing
he dressed me. 


I cannot stand them, and will boycott participating at all costs. It’s not that I don’t enjoy meeting new people. I love meeting new people. It’s one of my favorite things. I don’t, however, enjoy forced awkward situations. Having to hug five people I don’t know, form groups based on favorite colors, and introduce myself by not only name, but also what I had for breakfast makes me so uncomfortable. No thank you. I just won’t do it. Once the ice has been broken, I’m all for games. Like this one. My won
derful friend Linzay writes an equally wonderful blog, Broke Runner. I can relate to part. I’ll let you guess which. Linzay was kind enough to mention me in her post and I’m happy to play along. So here you are, 7 random facts.




7 Things.

1.     I put salt on my toast. Dissolving in the warm butter, I could eat this greasy, salty treat everyday. I say greasy, because I also think toast should only be used as a vessel for butter.

2.     Sometimes, when watching something I’ve previously taped, I get so wrapped up in hilarious commercials I forget to fast forward. For me, a funny commercial is like gold. Call me easily amused, but convincing me to do something or buy something in 30 seconds takes skill. And I appreciate it.

3.     I love when characters in movies have my name. Better when the actress playing Samantha is cool. Best if her love interest is hot. Take the movie The Mexican for example. Julia Roberts plays Sam and Brad Pitt is her boyfriend. I mean.

4.     If I could, I would wear the same thing everyday. Actually, I won’t even pretend that I don’t already. A pair of Current/Elliot jeans, specifically these, that I've completely worn out, complete with authentic tears in the knees and under the back pockets. And a Nation Ltd. T, most likely this one, in white. Or navy. I’d like to consider it my uniform for life. Both so comfortable, with such an easy sense of style. Perfection.

5.     I don’t like animals I don’t know. If I’m in public, I’ll pretend that I do. But I don’t. This may sound cold, but believe me; I’ve come a long way. My only pet being Regis, the bell imitating parakeet whose life was far too short, I was never an animal person. Cats are another story. I’ll never like cats.

6.     Kevin is my favorite Backstreet Boy. Or technically was as he unfortunately left the group. Though my love for him knows no bounds, Justin Timberlake’s FutureSex LoveSounds tour is the greatest concert I have experienced. Only to be matched by Kevin’s performance in Chicago. Obviously.

7.     I write things I’ve already completed on my to-do lists, simply so I can cross them off. It makes me feel  far more productive.

I’d like to tag seven other friends and encourage them to play along. Let’s hear seven random facts about you guys. Ready. Set. Go.

Sincerely, Cecelia. Lacey in Europe. Annotations. Sun-Splashed Foodie. Like Double Cherry Pie. Little Gems. JRDM

1 comment: