2.21.2012

One.


Holy smokes, you guys. Samantha, Herself turns one today. One whole year old! Can you even believe it? Maybe you can, Mom. But I, myself, am shocked. Shocked and thrilled. I can’t even believe how fast time moves sometimes. Like, you know when you wake up in the morning to check the time and you’re the happiest you’ve ever been in your whole life because you have a whole hour before you actually have to wake up, only to blink your eyes for one second and suddenly you’ve overslept by 15 minutes? Yeah, that’s kind of how fast this feels. I remember vividly sitting in Coffee Bean, so nervous to press publish. Fresh from a shopping high, with the audacity to liken myself to the Carrie Bradshaw, I was so eager to introduce myself to you. And you guys, one year later and we’re still going strong.

I had a funny thought while watching The Vow the other day. After a car accident, Rachel McAdams’ character loses all recollection of the past five years. So confused and unsure of her current life, she asks if she kept a journal. My first thought was, umm don’t you have facebook? But then it dawned on me. I mentioned before that I’ve never been one to keep a journal. But one whole year later, I guess that’s kind of a lie now. 

And honestly, I don’t know what is more hilarious – the fact that I’ve kept up a journal for the past year, or the fact that when I look back on it, I’ve managed to give the illusion of someone who crafts and bakes. So cheers to one! I think I’ll celebrate with a cupcake, most likely one that someone else made. 

1 comment: