2.14.2012

be mine?

Happy Valentine’s Day, lovers. Do you have a valentine? Are you doing something romantic involving chocolate and roses? Or maybe you’re seeing The Vow with your girlfriends and drowning your sorrows with champagne and visions of Channing Tatum? Not that one is better than the other, by any means. I actually haven’t seen The Vow yet. But I feel like I have from the previews. And if I woke up from a coma married to Channing Tatum I wouldn’t be complaining, Rachel McAdams. Just saying. Whatever your day entails, I hope it’s just lovely, filled with all things pink and red and heart shaped. Literally. I mean, it’s the day of love after all.

Sandy and Danny. Totes true love, yeah?

I love today. I really do. Who doesn’t love a day devoted to love? Okay, so maybe a lot of people. People who call it singles awareness day. People who think it’s just a Hallmark holiday. People who lack romance. But to those people I ask, don’t you at least love chocolate? I know there are people who say you shouldn’t need an excuse like a cheesy commercial holiday to show your love, but let’s face it – no one is that thoughtful 24/7/365. Because honesty, if such a person existed, you can guarantee I would have already found them and tricked them into impregnating me, thus being stuck with me forever. There’s just something about today that makes me love love. I sent valentines {that I’ll tell you all about}. I froze heart shaped ice cubes. I made pink rice crispy treats. And my valentine was a homeless woman in Studio City.

Let me explain. After an exhausting cardio barre class, I immediately drove to the nearest starbucks, in fear I may pass out on my way home without at least three shots of espresso. Walking up the front steps, I completely ignored the down and out woman at the door to order my drink. As a lover of all things valentine, you can imagine my joy upon receiving my venti Americano no room in a festive cup. So tickled pink, I wanted to share the love. Giving the homeless woman out front a dollar on my way out the door I said, “Happy Valentine’s Day.” With a heartfelt smile and a squeeze on my hand, she thanked me and responded, “Would you be my valentine?” Filled to the brim with love I screamed yes! and then ran to my car and cried hysterically. Happy Valentine’s Day…? 

Whatever. XO 
I Love You, hanging in my kitchen. Thank you, Auntie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment