2.01.2012

Merry Mad Men Christmas

Joy to the world! With temperatures in Los Angeles reaching 80 degrees this past weekend, thank sweet baby Jesus this is the last you’ll hear of my Christmas festivities. It’s getting a little ridiculous. But I really do think I’ve saved the best for last.  You know I love a good themed party. And this one really was the bee’s knees. This time period party was hosted by The Jensen’s (Heidi’s mom), and not a single detail was overlooked.

With a dress code enforced, everyone looked fantastic. The men looked so handsome sporting skinny ties and cardigans. Ladies pairing stockings with shift dresses and authentic vintage finds, with teased hair piled on top into a beehive. I found a silk shift dress in the back of my closet perfect for the occasion, with a rather mod octagon pattern in orange and black. It was actually the dress I wore to celebrate my twentyfirst birthday. And while I admit it didn’t fit quite the same as the last time I wore it nearly four years ago, with a pair of black stockings and sky high heels it did the trick. Heidi wore a frock she found in her own closet as well - a killer Marc by Marc Jacobs shift dress adorned with gold jaguars. Funny how fashion is always repeating itself.

Stepping into Susan and Kirk’s home was like stepping out of a time machine and straight in to the 1960’s. Greeted at the door with a Lucky Strike cigarette, I headed right for the bar to grab a Manhattan -  complete with a maraschino cherry and twist of orange. Champagne was chilled in an ice bucket filled with cranberries – an idea I’m totally stealing. Shrimp cocktails and Swedish meatballs were some of my favorites to snack on. And when it came to dessert, jell-o molds were plentiful. We ate and drank and played Pictionary until we couldn’t keep our eyes open any longer. A total 60’s success. Merry Mad Men Christmas to all, and to all a good night. 





                  all images via Heidi, over at The Blabbery

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see the clicks and preparations of your Christmas party eve. Went for a pool party organized by my classmate at one of the sea side located LA venues few weeks ago. Drinks and sweets were ordered online. Ambience and lighting was great. Loved the catering services also.

    ReplyDelete