1.31.2012

White Trash Christmas


Still in the Christmas spirit? I certainly hope so. I admit, mine is wearing thin. But I am so eager to share these last few festivities with you - if, for no better reason than to brag about my incredible diy project.

My friends Heidi and Scott host an annual holiday bash in Newport Beach. Being the second year they’ve done it, I can call it annual, right? This year, the theme was White Trash Christmas – and ya’ll, we did it up. Is that incredibly stereotypical to assume that white trash people say ya’ll? And drink PBR. And whisky. And eat  Twinkies. And chocolate covered potato chips? While wearing a lot of denim. And flannel. And loving all things Uhmerica. And Billy Ray Cyrus. Because if so, please forgive me. I’m incredibly stereotypical.

I’m embarrassed to admit getting in to character for this theme party was hardly a stretch. I’m a big fan of PBR, all things Little Debbie, and aside from the custom Lavin number Anne Hathaway wore hosting the Oscars last year, a denim on denim tuxedo of the Texas variety would have to be my favorite. A while back, I had pinned a do it yourself project that I had originally envisioned as the perfect Fourth of July outfit – cut off jean shorts spray painted with red and blue stars and stripes (via). I had seen a similar version impeccably styled in an LF window display, but couldn’t justify spending a three digit sum on repurposed, spray painted jeans I could easily make myself. So I did, I made them myself. Too perfect for this theme, I couldn’t wait until July and immediately found myself in line at the Goodwill with a pair of Wrangler jeans in hand. The project was much easier than I anticipated. And I fully intend on wearing them to celebrate America’s independence. And probably every other day of summer as well.

Can you even believe I made these?

No comments:

Post a Comment