1.10.2012

'Tis the Season


My neighbor said Happy New Year to me this morning and it seriously disturbed me. Isn’t it mid January already? And it’s not even like I hadn’t seen him yet in this New Year. As much as I try to avoid, I’ve definitely been trapped in the elevator with him and his dog numerous times in the past ten days. But considering my house still looks like a winter wonderland maybe I’m the disturbed one. So considering it’s still Christmas over here, let’s pretend it still is so I can tell you all about it. Come on, just entertain me. Please?  ‘Tis the season to be jolly, right? So let’s get started, shall we?

A while back some friends and I spent an afternoon crafting in preparation for the holidays. The last time we were all together attempting to be creative and passing time until it was appropriate to start drinking, we were in college and found ourselves at Color Me Mine, painting beer mugs. I’m pretty sure mine even said chug on the bottom. Now, I’m no Martha Stewart – but I’ve come leaps and bounds from the days of monogrammed beer mugs. I mean, remember this tablescape?

This time, we made wreaths. Heidi and I have had great success with wreaths in the past, making Halloween wreaths out of candy corn (until ants completely devoured them and started new colonies on our front doors – so maybe partial success?), so we thought we’d try it again. What better way to welcome friends in to your home for the holidays than a festive wreath? And mistletoe. Which is also still hanging above my door. So here it is, in all it's glory. My obsession with tartan plaid manifested in wreath form. 

Images via The Blabbery.

I mean, Ryan Gosling likes it. Have you seen this? It's embarrassing how hard I'm laughing right now. God, he just gets me, you know? 


No comments:

Post a Comment