10.02.2011

Dad

My dad. Cool, right? I know. 
My dad is the coolest guy I know. And today is his birthday. If I know him at all, he’s probably putzing around the house, watching sports, doing yard work when his teams aren’t doing well and he can’t stand to watch anymore, heading to the golf course, and planning what he’s going to grill for dinner.  A lot of people say we’re a lot alike, which is totally fine by me – like I said, he’s the coolest guy I know. I definitely have his freckles. And his sarcastic sense of humor. We’re too stubborn for our own good. We both root for the Dodgers. We love peanut M&M’s. And we both blast Hootie & the Blowfish when we do the dishes - which isn’t very often, but when I do, I think of him in the kitchen with the volume so high you can hear it from the sidewalk, singing along to Only Wanna Be With You.

I hope I’m like my dad in other ways too. Like his strong work ethic. His green thumb. And the way he loves my mom and our family. So happy birthday, Dad. I hope the 49ers can pull off a win for your big day, that your tomato plants are thriving, and that your golf game is spot on, you deserve it. 

1 comment:

  1. The perfect birthday gift. Your dad loved it! Nailed it. XO. Momsy

    ReplyDelete