10.19.2011

Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch


Are you guys ready for Halloween? I’m not. I don’t even have a costume. But I have a pumpkin. The most perfect, darling little pumpkin named Boo Radley. Obviously. Get it? Austin and I found him this past Sunday at Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch. Super trendy, right? Just wait. We had lunch at Joan’s on Third and red velvet cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery too. I know.

On the quest for the brightest, roundest pumpkin we could find, we ventured out of the west side and over to Hollywood to Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch. Okay, so we thought maybe we’d get lost in the hay bail maze only to find Heidi Klum or Gwen Stefani, and with swarms of paparazzi eagerly snapping away at the entrance, our odds looked good. But no such luck.


 I’m not mad about it though, I mean we did find Boo after all – after picking up and examining every pumpkin in the patch. Seriously. Because this is obviously serious business that takes time. We were in no way stalling in hopes that someone cool, like Jessica Alba who was there the next day, or Christina Aguilera who was there the day before, would bring their kids to pick out pumpkins. No way. Ughh. But it was a blast. Way better than picking one out of a bin in front of the grocery store. Opting out of face painting and the spooky slide, we headed home, with Boo buckled up for safety in the backseat. And I absolutely can’t wait to carve him. And eat way too much candy corn. And watch It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Oh goodness, I just love Halloween. I’m getting more and more excited by the second.

That's me. Everyone was taking pictures with the pumpkins, so obviously I had to too. Who cares that most of those people were babies in pumpkin costumes hidden in the patch. Oh gaaawd. 



No comments:

Post a Comment