2.25.2011

Thin Mints

 Shelley Long, in Troop Beverly Hills. So chic.

There is one thing you must know before this friendship can progress any further. And frankly, as this can be considered our third date, the fact that you haven’t asked isn’t scoring you any points. Mint Chip is my favorite ice cream flavor[i]. Mint Chocolate Cookie if we’re talking Ben & Jerry’s. And it must be slow churned if we’re talking Dryers, obviously. This mint chocolate obsession doesn’t end with ice cream. Currently, I’m sipping a Moroccan Mint latte, and I don’t think peppermint bark should be limited to the holidays. With that being said, it should come as no surprise to you that Thin Mints are my favorite Girl Scout cookies. It should also come as no surprise to you that I was a girl scout[ii], or that my wonderful mother was our troop leader. Shelley Long had nothing on my momma. Unable to fulfill my dream of purchasing Girl Scout cookies from the ever-fabulous Troop Beverly Hills, I took matters in to my own hands. If Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere can make them, then so can I. Right? Kind of. I followed this recipe to a T, yet I was still disappointed. Perhaps I’m a snob when it comes to matters pertaining to delicious combinations of chocolate and mint. Perhaps I’ve been spoiled with tasty boxed treats for far too long. Perhaps I over reached my culinary expertise. Regardless, there wasn’t nearly enough mint for my liking, and I just about broke a bicuspid attempting to bite into these bad boys. Though that didn’t stop me from eating half of a dozen last night, and four more this morning for breakfast. I’d like to say I would give it another go, but I think these minty-chocolate devils are best left to the girl scouts. In semi-related news – these are the shoes I was wearing while baking[iii]. Could you die? Moving forward, I think this is the only way I will be cooking.


[i] One exception to this would be Thrifty’s ice cream. In that case, it’s Chocolate Malted Crunch. Is it still called Thrifty’s? Or is it Rite Aid? That’s neither here nor there.
[ii] Confession – I wasn’t actually a Girl Scout, per se. Starting as a Daisy, I burnt out by Brownies. But I did have the cool sash. And patches. Lots of patches.
[iii] 60% off at the seasonal LF sale.

2 comments:

  1. Yum yum. My mom actually bought some the other day.

    I tried to make eggs benedict yesterday morning. Epic fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you actually weren't dressed properly for baking cookies. This little thin mint puts Shelly Long's chic attire to shame. Break a bicuspid on this... http://bit.ly/dGNkrD

    ReplyDelete