2.22.2011

Now that we've been introduced


let’s get to know each other. As you’ve learned, my name is Samantha, but only if I’m in trouble or pretending to be professional. Sammy if you’re trying to annoy me. Samuel if you have a death wish. And Sam if we’re friends. Let’s go with Sam. I’ve never been one to keep a journal, with the exception of a burn book in the seventh grade, which I genuinely feel awful about. A terrible, yet fabulous combination of indecisive and impulsive, I’ve also never been one to withhold my opinion. 

I dabble in many things – veganism, baking, musical instruments, dance, fashion, art and stationary making to name a few. I’d like to say I’m a jack of all traits, but I think the term dabbler may be more fitting, as I tend to move along quite easily. Personally, I prefer free spirit, but with that comes that connotation that I may not shave my legs or wear deodorant, which surely is not the case, most of the time. I love good friends and a good sale. I could eat Mexican food for every meal. Or cupcakes. Or sushi. I dislike eggplant. And hotel comforters. I argue over politics and parking tickets. In my dreams I’m a food critic. Or a world traveler. Or a ballerina. I wish real life had spontaneous, choreographed dance sequences, and if I had my way, I’d practice yoga every morning and Kings of Leon would sing me to sleep every night.

Having read this introduction, I realize I should probably avoid speed dating [mental note]. 60 seconds really is too short to truly know someone, even too short to know if you’d like to know someone. I’m not terribly worried however, because if you’re reading this you probably already know me – and you’re most likely my mom. If this is the case and you do in fact know me, we’ve already gone through the awkward period where I pretend I’m an excellent chef who loves puppies and does charity work on the weekends, and you’re a skilled athlete who also graduated in the top of his class. But in the off chance you don't in fact know me, lets exchange numbers. I’d really like to try this again. 
Ding. Time’s up. 


Sushi Cupcakes. Get out. Thanks Debbie

6 comments:

  1. That's a great description of Sam! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your posts! I hate eggplant too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that you made a blog! Miss you and LOVE you, you are the adorablest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, I love this!!!! Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete