4.30.2011

Wills + Kate


Did you watch the Royal Wedding?  I certainly did. Probably about four times. To a princess in waiting, this is big news.  I have been in love with Prince William for as long as I can remember. Well, until Harry grew out of his awkward ginger phase into the seriously dashing, rebellious young prince he is. Really, there is a postcard of Wills that has made it’s home on my parents refrigerator for at least a decade. It now feels slightly wrong leaving it up there, being that he is a married man and all. But in any case, Harry is still available, isn’t he? I’m sorry, but on again off again girlfriend Chelsy Davy arrived disheveled, looking like a royal hot mess. Definitely no Diana.

Dominating every channel on television for days, the royal wedding was hard to escape. And seriously, why would you want to? I mean, she arrived in a car as a commoner and left in a carriage as a princess. Seriously. So even though Kate stole my boyfriend and preempted my fantasy wedding by one day, I still have Derek, and I still attended the royal wedding in my pajamas, and a tiara. I even made a union jack fruit pizza for the occasion, seen here. Recipe below.

Providing the champagne, and joining my mom, sister and I for the first royal wedding of my lifetime was my fellow fashion policeman, Cecelia. Obviously, Posh and Becks were our highlights. While Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie could have used some work. The Queen looked like an Easter egg. And Kate was stunning. Seriously, the picture of perfection. Such a major moment for Sarah Burton. A McQueen fit for a queen. The perfect combination of modern style and classic elegance. Obviously, I could go on and on.
 
But the wedding. Let’s talk about the wedding. How excruciating was that four minute walk down the aisle? I just loved when Harry turned around to check out Kate as she came closer. Obviously, because I love everything about Harry, but also because I thought it was such a tender moment between the two brothers. I’m not sure what he said when he nudged Wills, but I’d like to think it was something like, She’s far too good looking for you, or maybe Are you sure? I even read one report – yes, I read reports about the royal wedding – that thought Harry had said I bet she’s not wearing any knickers. What a charmer. And did you just die when they first locked eyes and William turned to his blushing bride with the happiest of smiles telling her she looked beautiful. Swoon. Loved that they replaced I do with I will and obey with keep. And that kiss. I mean kisses. I die. 

In case you’ve forgotten, my wedding is this evening. Obviously, I’ve imposed a mandatory fascinator dress code. I’ve invited Elton John to sing in the choir. And I plan on wearing Alexander McQueen. Or something that looks like it. I better go get ready. 



Union Jack Flag Fruit Pizza

Ingredients
Crust
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 egg

Filling
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Topping
4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
3 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh raspberries

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 15x10x1-inch or 13x9-inch pan with foil. Spray bottom only of foil with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Press evenly in bottom of pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

2. In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Spread mixture over cooled crust.

3. Arrange fruit over cream cheese. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until chilled. To serve, cut into 5 rows by 4 rows. Cover and refrigerate any remaining fruit pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment